I need to remove sanded grout. Do you have a recommendation for a tool I can use?
updated 11 months ago
DuraGRIT recommends the Dremel® MultiMax MM1500 and MM1501 blade for sanded grout removal between (floor) tiles.
The MM1501 (1/16" width) and MM 1500 (1/8" width), require the Dremel® MultiMax Oscillating tool to run in. These items can be found in Home Depot, Lowe's and online at Amazon.
The DuraGRIT SR-GW4 Carbide Grout Wheel, is for the removal of non-sanded grout typically found between wall tiles. Use with a Dremel® multi-tool or other hi-speed drill to ’touch-up’ grout lines or to remove grout when replacing a broken wall tile in the bathroom or kitchen. Handy on smaller jobs where larger more expensive power tools aren’t necessary.
- Very strong. Will not shatter.
- Use on 1/16” (1.6mm) wide non-sanded grout lines (typically found between wall tiles)
- 1-1/4” dia, steel wheel, coated with carbide on the edge.
- Mounted on an extra strong steel mandrel
- Great for small non-sanded grout removal jobs with the Dremel® or other high speed drill, where larger, more expensive power tools aren’t necessary
- Use of a Dremel® 575 right-angle drive recommended
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.