DuraGRIT SR-GW4 Non-Sanded Grout Removal Wheel
- As noted on the DuraGRIT website and in the demo movie, DuraGRIT recommends running the GW4 grout removal wheel in a right angle drive (e.g. Dremel 575) attached to your hi-speed rotary drill. This enables the wheel to be upright in the grout channel and greatly improves directional accuracy.
- Hold the drill firmly, reach out and slowly draw the drill towards yourself, being careful to guide the wheel evenly between the tiles.
- Do not apply undue pressure and wear the wheel out prematurely. Let the tool do the work.
- Hold the nozzle of a shop vac just ahead of the wheel to collect grout dust and reduce clean-up as shown in the following movie.
- Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kij5ywn76bisprr/GW4 Vacuum Tip.mp4?dl=0
- Finally, remember use only on non-sanded grout, usually found between wall tiles.
- Note: Floor tiles typically have very abrasive sanded grout between them, which will wear the GW4 wheel prematurely.
If you have have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact DuraGRIT, we'd love to hear from you.