We do not recommend using DuraGRIT® tools on metal.
Yes you can use them, but they can wear faster than on non-metallic materials.
DuraGRIT® generally doesn’t recommend using the carbide tools on metals:
- Steel is hard and can wear the grits faster than other materials.
- Aluminum is soft and can clog the grits.
- Copper and brass are less problematic and using a mold release such as 'dry stearate spray' on the carbide grit prior to working on softer metals, can reduce the tendency to clog and make clean up easier.
DuraGRIT carbide tools, work well and last a very long time, when used on the following materials:
- Hard and soft woods
- MDF, Oak & Pine molding
- Engineered wood floor (up to 5/8” thick)
- Carbon Fibre
- ABS plumbing
- Rigid and flex PVC piping
- Rubber hose
- Plastic garden hose
- Laminate ‘click’ floor
- and more!